Chef Keith Snow creates a wonderful seasonal side dish with butternut squash.
2 Cup (32 tbs), peeled, cubed and steamed
1 , juiced
Crushed black pepper
1. Peel and cut the butternut squash in cubes.
2. In a steamer, place the squash cubes and steam it for about 20 minutes or until it is fork tender.
3. In a bowl, put together all the ingredients except for ½ of chopped chives.
4. Using a potato masher, mash the butternut squash until all the ingredients are combined.
5. Garnish with chives and serve hot as desired.
The health benefits of butternut squash is known to all. But did you know that this phytonutrient and anti-oxidant dense gourd also packs in a good deal of taste. Chef Keith Snow shares a recipe that can be prepared in a matter of minutes using the fresh winter yields.