You can make this maple butter brushed acorn squash recipe with pretty much any fall squash!
1. Slice the acorn squash into half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds. Lay them on their flat side and further slice them into 1 inch thick pieces.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
3. In a bowl put the butter. Microwave it till melted. Add maple syrup, almond extract and salt. Stir to mix till combined.
4. Place the squash slices on the baking sheet. Brush them with the butter syrup mixture on both the sides.
5. Bake it in the preheated oven for around 30 minutes. After 15 minutes into baking braise the squash once again with the maple syrup butter and continue to bake for the remaining 15 minutes or till they are tender and caramelized.
6. In a serving plate, serve the caramelized squash and enjoy with its skin peeled.
If desired just before baking sprinkle spices like cinnamon or cloves.