Pan Fried Butternut Squash
|Cilantro||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Almond||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toasted|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butternut squash||1 Pound|
|Whole wheat tortilla||100 Gram, strips and oven roasted|
|Keith lorren's seafood seasoning||2 Tablespoon|
|Egg yolk||4 , beaten|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For frying)|
|Mozarella cheese||200 Gram, sliced|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Peel the butternut squash, discard the seeds and slice in round. Set aside.
2. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
3. In a food processor jar take cilantro, garlic and almonds. Process on low and stream in the olive oil. Set aside.
4. In a plate take the roasted tortillas, reserve some for the garnishing. Crush the tortillas with hands. Add in the seafood seasoning and mix well.
5. In another plate take the egg yolk; dip the butternut squash first in egg yolk then coat with the tortillas mixture.
6. In a pan pour in the oil and shallow fry the butternut squash.
7. Place the butternut squash over a foil lined baking sheet. Top with mozzarella cheese and broil for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F.
8. Plate the butternut squash top with pesto and cream. Make bundle and garnish with reserved tortillas. Serve and enjoy!
Calories 1298 Calories from Fat 875
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 99 g152.3%
Saturated Fat 20.9 g104.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 228.7 mg76.2%
Sodium 1051.3 mg43.8%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.4 g29.7%
Sugars 25.6 g
Protein 23 g45.4%
Vitamin A 288% Vitamin C 51.6%
Calcium 54.8% Iron 17.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet