Chef Christine Wendland Prepares Pan fried butternut Squash Using Keith Lorren's Seafood Seasoning.
1 Bunch (100 gm)
1 Clove (5 gm)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toasted
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Whole wheat tortilla
100 Gram, strips and oven roasted
Keith lorren's seafood seasoning
4 , beaten
1 Cup (16 tbs) (For frying)
200 Gram, sliced
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. Peel the butternut squash, discard the seeds and slice in round. Set aside.
2. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
3. In a food processor jar take cilantro, garlic and almonds. Process on low and stream in the olive oil. Set aside.
4. In a plate take the roasted tortillas, reserve some for the garnishing. Crush the tortillas with hands. Add in the seafood seasoning and mix well.
5. In another plate take the egg yolk; dip the butternut squash first in egg yolk then coat with the tortillas mixture.
6. In a pan pour in the oil and shallow fry the butternut squash.
7. Place the butternut squash over a foil lined baking sheet. Top with mozzarella cheese and broil for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F.
8. Plate the butternut squash top with pesto and cream. Make bundle and garnish with reserved tortillas. Serve and enjoy!