Kuri squash is rich and hearty, very satisfying. With butter-colored flesh that is thinner than butternut squash, this teardrop-shaped squash has a pronounced, distinctive chestnut flavor with a bright sunset colored rind.
Red kuri squash
Extra virgin olive oil
Celtic sea salt
1⁄2 Teaspoon (for greasing baking pan)
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Lightly oil a shallow baking pan and put it into the oven to heat up.
2. Cut the squash in half. Use a very sharp knife to cut through the hard squash. Scoop out the seeds.
3. Cut the squash into ½” slices then cut into 3” lengths. Put into a large bowl.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, honey, paprika and Celtic sea salt.
5. Pour the paprika oil over the squash and mix so the squash gets coated with the oil.
6. Take the preheated pan out of the oven; arrange the squash so it is all in one layer.
7. Roast the squash, turning once, until tender and light golden about 30 minutes. Turn it after 15 minutes.
8. Serve Roasted Red Kuri Squash with Honey & Smoked Paprika with tossed salad and enjoy!