Wegmans Spaghetti Squash with Pomodoro Sauce
|Spaghetti squash||1 Large, halved stem to blossom end, seeded|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Crushed red pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), mince|
|Rosemary sprig||1 Small|
|Canned tomatoes||14 Ounce, crushed with juices (San Marzano Tomatoes, (about 1 1/2 cups after blending))|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
|Pecorino romano cheese||4 Teaspoon, grated|
|Basil leaves||12 Small, chiffonade|
1. Place squash, skin side up (one half at a time), in microwave-safe dish; cover with microwave-safe plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH, 10-12 minutes, until tender.
2. Let rest covered, 10-15 minutes, until cool enough to handle. Carefully remove plastic wrap to avoid steam.
3. Run tines of fork lengthwise over cut surface of squash to loosen spaghetti-like strands. Scoop out strands.
4. Heat oil in skillet on medium-low. Add onion and pepper flakes and cook 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent but not browned.
5. Add garlic; continue to cook another 2 minutes. Add rosemary and tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. 6. Simmer on low 10 minutes. Remove and discard rosemary sprig.
7. Add spaghetti squash to sauce and toss quickly and gently to heat through.
8. Top each serving with 1/2 tsp cheese and garnish with basil.
For easier cutting, poke squash several times with fork. Place squash on microwave-safe plate; microwave on HIGH 7-8 min until squash begins to soften. Carefully remove; cut and cook as directed.
Calories 184 Calories from Fat 44
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.6%
Saturated Fat 0.92 g4.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.88 mg0.29%
Sodium 217.1 mg9%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.9%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 4 g8.3%
Vitamin A 13.2% Vitamin C 25.6%
Calcium 14.2% Iron 12.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet