Yummy Low Carb Summer Squash Recipes
|Squash||6 Cup (96 tbs), divided (2 cups boiled for squash and mint soup + 2 cups chopped for cheesy squash bake + 2 Cups chopped for fried summer squash)|
|Heavy cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (for squash and mint soup)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for squash and mint soup)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (1 tablespoon for squash and mint soup + 1 tablespoon for cheesy squash bake)|
|Nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground (for squash and mint soup)|
|Ginger powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon (for squash and mint soup)|
|Allspice||1⁄4 Teaspoon (for squash and mint soup)|
|Dried mint||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (for squash and mint soup)|
|Fresh mint||1⁄2 Teaspoon, chopped (for squash and mint soup)|
|Jarlsberg||2 Cup (32 tbs), grated (for cheesy squash bake)|
|Pork rind||20 Tablespoon, ground (1/4 cup for cheesy squash bake + 1 Cup for fried summer squash)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated (for cheesy squash bake)|
|Peanut oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for frying, for fried summer squash)|
|Egg||2 Cup (32 tbs), beaten (for fried summer squash)|
1. For squash and mint soup: Puree the boiled squash to a measure of 2 cups.
2. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat, mix in all the ingredients except the fresh chopped mint into the sauce pan and mix well.
3. Salt and pepper to taste, reduce the heat to simmer and cook for five minutes or until cooked through.
4. For cheesy squash bake: On a chopping board, slice the squash in half, deseed it and cut it into cubes of 1 inch thickness.
5. In a pan, melt the butter on medium-high flame. Add the squash pieces and pan fry for a few minutes until crisp and tender.
6. Top these pan fried squash pieces with Jarlsberg cheese, pork rinds and Parmesan cheese.
7. Cover it and let it cook on a medium flame for 12 minutes or until all the cheese has melted and the pork rinds are cooked.
8. For fried summer squash: Grind the pork rinds into a fine powder for the coating.
9. Take the squash pieces, dip them in the egg wash, then dip them in the grounded pork rind powder and mix well until the pieces are well coated with the powder.
7. Transfer these coated squash pieces to the peanut oil that has been pre heated to 375 degrees F and fry until crisp and tender.
8. Remove pieces from the pan and place on a tissue paper to absorb excess oil.
9. Serve the squash and mint soup with a sprinkling of fresh chopped mint.
10. Slide the now cheesy squash bake onto a serving plate. Serve garnished with some chopped cilantro or some extra cheese topping.
11. Serve the fried summer squash with tomato ketchup.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5474 Calories from Fat 4649
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 527 g811.1%
Saturated Fat 216.7 g1083.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1358 mg452.7%
Sodium 3999.8 mg166.7%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.5%
Dietary Fiber 13 g52.1%
Sugars 25.6 g
Protein 160 g320.1%
Vitamin A 239% Vitamin C 262.7%
Calcium 292.8% Iron 69.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet