Scrumptious Spaghetti Squash with Edamame dressing
|Spaghetti squash||1 Large|
|Fresh cilantro||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped (For edamame pesto)|
|Vegetable broth||4⁄5 Cup (12.8 tbs) (low sodium - For edamame pesto)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon (For edamame pesto)|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, minced (For edamame pesto)|
|Frozen shelled edamame||1 1⁄3 Cup (20.8 tbs), thawed (For edamame pesto)|
|Seaweed gomasio||1⁄2 Teaspoon (For edamame pesto)|
|Mixed cherry tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon (For roasting tomatoes)|
1. For Squash – Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. For tomatoes – Preheat toaster oven or second oven to 250 degrees.
3. Cut squash in half lengthwise and scrape out seeds.
4. Place squash halves, cut sides down, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
5. Bake at 350 for 60 minutes.
6. For tomatoes - Toss tomatoes in olive oil and place on cooking tray.
7. Bake at 250 for 60 minutes. Turn once half way through.
8. For edamame pesto – Place cilantro, broth, oil, pepper, gomasio, garlic, and edamame in a food processor; pulse until coarsely chopped.
9. Take out the squash from the oven and Cool slightly.
10. Scrape squash with a fork, to remove spaghetti-like strands to measure about 4 cups. Place in a large bowl.
11. Sprinkle with ¼ tsp. salt, toss gently to combine. Cover and keep warm.
12. Serve edamame pesto over squash. Garnish with the roasted cherry tomatoes.
Calories 501 Calories from Fat 148
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.3%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g12%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 514.7 mg21.4%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 11 g22.4%
Vitamin A 20.4% Vitamin C 51.8%
Calcium 31.5% Iron 25.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet