Looking for a delicious spaghetti recipe that tastes great but without all the fat and calories? Charlie Q's got you covered.
1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped (For edamame pesto)
4⁄5 Cup (12.8 tbs) (low sodium - For edamame pesto)
Extra virgin olive oil
1 Tablespoon (For edamame pesto)
1 Tablespoon, minced (For edamame pesto)
Frozen shelled edamame
1 1⁄3 Cup (20.8 tbs), thawed (For edamame pesto)
1⁄2 Teaspoon (For edamame pesto)
Mixed cherry tomatoes
1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced
2 Teaspoon (For roasting tomatoes)
1. For Squash – Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. For tomatoes – Preheat toaster oven or second oven to 250 degrees.
3. Cut squash in half lengthwise and scrape out seeds.
4. Place squash halves, cut sides down, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
5. Bake at 350 for 60 minutes.
6. For tomatoes - Toss tomatoes in olive oil and place on cooking tray.
7. Bake at 250 for 60 minutes. Turn once half way through.
8. For edamame pesto – Place cilantro, broth, oil, pepper, gomasio, garlic, and edamame in a food processor; pulse until coarsely chopped.
9. Take out the squash from the oven and Cool slightly.
10. Scrape squash with a fork, to remove spaghetti-like strands to measure about 4 cups. Place in a large bowl.
11. Sprinkle with ¼ tsp. salt, toss gently to combine. Cover and keep warm.
12. Serve edamame pesto over squash. Garnish with the roasted cherry tomatoes.