Squash Casserole And Cranberry Sauce
|Orange zest||2 Tablespoon (for sauce)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for sauce)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for sauce)|
|Cranberries||250 Gram (for sauce)|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for sauce)|
|Carrot||1 Medium, grated (for casserole)|
|Squash apple||2 Cup (32 tbs), dice (for casserole)|
|Sweet onion||1 Medium, chopped finely (for casserole)|
|Butter||50 Gram (for casserole)|
|Breadcrumbs||1 Bag (1 kg) (for casserole)|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cream of chicken soup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree.
2. For casserole, place grated carrots on a paper towel, so that it absorbs all the moisture.
3. For cranberry sauce, place a pot on medium high heat. Add sugar and water in . Simmer for about a minute or until sugar melts.
4. Put cranberries in the pot. Reduce the heat to medium and allow it simmer for 10-15 minutes.
5. After a couple of minutes add orange zest, to simmering cranberries.
6. When the cranberries get a perfect consistency, turn off the heat and add orange juice to it. Mix it well and transfer it to a serving bowl.
7. For casserole, place a pan on medium high heat for about a minute. Melt butter and add onion to it. Sauté on medium low heat. Take 2-3 tablespoon of onion from the pan and keep it in a bowl for later use.
8. In a large mixing bowl, put breadcrumbs, add onion and butter mixture to it. Mix it well and set aside.
9. For squash, place a pot over medium high heat. Add squash pieces in it and cook for about 10 minutes or until they become tender, stirring continuously.
10. Put the saved onion mixture into the squash. Stir in grated carrot, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix and cook for one minute.
11. Transfer the squash mixture into a large bowl. Add cream of chicken soup, and sour cream. Mix and bring them together.
12. Take a baking dish and spread a thin layer of breadcrumb mixture at the bottom. Top it with squash mixture. Spread it evenly.
13. Spread the remaining breadcrumb layer on top. Place the dish in oven for about 20 minutes.
14. Serve squash casserole hot with cranberry sauce.
Take small squash for making casserole, because the smaller ones are sweeter and they also have small seeds.