Delicious side dish that will compliment your holiday meals.
3 Medium, peeled and cubed
Light brown sugar
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), packed
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut off the ends of the squash.
3. Cut it in half at the neck.
4. Cut the bottom piece in half and scoop out the seeds.
5. Peel the squash and cut it into 1 1/2 inch cubes.
6. Place the butternut squash cubes on a baking sheet.
7. In a measuring cup, melt the butter and let it cool.
8. Pour the butter over the squash.
9. Sprinkle the brown sugar on the squash.
10.Next sprinkle the kosher salt and half a teaspoon of black pepper.
11.Toss the mixture so that all the pieces are well coated and spread evenly in a single layer.
12.Roast in the oven for 55 minutes till the squash is tender and the sauce caramelizes.
13.While the squash is roasting, flip it over a few times to ensure that it is evenly browned.
14. Serve warm and enjoy this delicious side dish.