2) Split the squash in half through the equator and scrape out the seeds with a spoon. Set the squash halves on a baking sheet.
3) Put the unsalted butter and fresh thyme over the tops and insides of the squash halves,
4) Bake it in the oven for about 25 minutes until it’s done.
5) Once it is baked remove from the oven
6) Sprinkle some salt and pepper or parmesan cheese and serve.
Acorn squash is a satisfying side dish when roasted and topped with a pat of butter and some herbs. You can always choose your own topping to flavor the squash. It’s really delicious and very healthy too.