Scrumptious Summer Squash Mixed With Angel Hair
|Angel hair pasta||4 Ounce|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), pressed|
|Summer squash/Zucchini||2 Medium, grated|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Bring a large pot of water to the boil.
2) Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until the onion is translucent, 5-10 minutes.
3) Put in the pinch of cayenne pepper and of salt, then add the grated zucchini and the garlic and cook over medium heat until reduced, about 8 minutes.
4) Sprinkle with pepper and a little more salt and turn the heat to low.
5) When the water is boiling, add a teaspoon of salt and the angel hair and cook according to package directions (angel hair cooks quite quickly – it will take only 2-3 minutes). Drain, reserving 1/3 cup of pasta water.
6) Add the angel hair and pasta water to the summer squash and turn the heat to high. Let the whole thing reduce, then scoop into a serving bowl
7) Sprinkle with the cheese and serve immediately.
Calories 404 Calories from Fat 109
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.9%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.8 mg9.9%
Sodium 446.1 mg18.6%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19.1%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25.1%
Sugars 10.7 g
Protein 18 g35.4%
Vitamin A 20.8% Vitamin C 98.3%
Calcium 24% Iron 13.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet