Glazed Winter Squash
|Butternut squash/Acorn squash / 2 1/4 pound hubbard squash, 4 pieces, 4 inch pieces||3 Pound (2 whole, 1 1/2 pound each)|
|Butter/Margarine||3 Tablespoon, melted|
|Pumpkin pie spice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dark brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. If using butternut or acorn squash, cut in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
3. In shallow roasting pan place whichever variety is used cut side down and pour water to 1/2-inch depth around squash.
4. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until tender, pour off water and turn squash cut side up.
5. In a bowl combine butter, salt and spice and brush on squash.
6. Sprinkle with brown sugar and bake 10 minutes more until sugar is melted.
7. Serve the squash with garnish as desired.