Simple Baked Acorn Squash
|Butter/Fat||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Corn syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven at 375° F.
2. Halve the squash lengthwise. Remove and discard seeds and fibers.
3. Prick it all over with a fork.
4. In a baking pan, place the squash in such a way that the cut side is down.
5. Bake it in an oven at 375°for 30 minutes.
6. In a bowl, mix butter or fat, corn syrup and salt. Divide it into 4 equal parts.
7. Turn the squash and fill the mixture into it.
8. Bake it for 30 minutes while basting frequently.
9. If desired, sprinkle with brown sugar just before serving Baked Acorn Squash.
Calories 617 Calories from Fat 207
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.2%
Saturated Fat 14.6 g73%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60.5 mg20.2%
Sodium 572.8 mg23.9%
Total Carbohydrates 110 g36.5%
Dietary Fiber 11.2 g45%
Sugars 10.8 g
Protein 6 g12.5%
Vitamin A 69.1% Vitamin C 137.5%
Calcium 26.2% Iron 30.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet