Butternut Squash Soup
|Butternut squash||1 Small, peeled, de-seeded and chopped|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Vegetable stock cube||1 , dissolved in 1 pint of hot water|
|Hot water||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Fresh chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1. Into a large saucepan put the squash and onion and add the stock and the spices.
2. Bring to the boil, cover, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes until the squash is tender.
3. Process the soup in a liquidiser or food processor until smooth.
4. Return to the saucepan, reheat gently and season to taste.
5. Serve garnished with the chopped parsley.