Microwave Cheddar Squash Bake
|Thinly sliced yellow squash||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Commercial sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||6 Ounce (1 1/2 Cup)|
|Fine dry breadcrumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Take a 12-x 8- x 2-inch baking dish and place bacon in it. Put it on bacon rack and cover with paper towels.
2) Microwave bacon at high for 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 minutes or until bacon is crisp.Drain, crumble, and keep aside.
3) Ina 2-quart casserole, put squash and onion and add water. Plastic wrap it and microwave at high for 7 to 9 minutes, stir after 4 minutes. Drain and cool a bit.
4) Beat egg yolks and add next 5 ingredients.
5) Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form and mix it with yolk mixture.
6) In a lightly greased deep 1 1/2-quart casserole, make layers of squash, egg mixture, and cheese. Sprinkle bacon on top. Repeat the process.
7) Microwave at 70% power or medium high for 6 minutes. Stir after 3 minutes.
8) In a 1-cup glass measure melt butter at high for 35 seconds.
9) Make a mixture of butter and breadcrumbs and sprinkle it over casserole.
10) Microwave at 70% power for 2 to 3 minutes. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
11) Serve cheddar squash bake hot.