Apple Stuffed Acorn Squash
|Acorn squash||3 Medium|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Apples||3 , peeled, cored and chopped|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven at 375°.
2. To prepare the squash cut them in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
3. In a shallow baking dish, place cut side down and add 1/2 inch boiling water.
4. Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 35 minutes.
5. Turn cut side up, brush cut surfaces and cavities with 2 tablespoons butter.
6. Sprinkle lightly with salt and cinnamon.
7. In a bowl, mix well combining apples, lemon rind, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons butter and honey.
8. Spoon into squash cavities and bake uncovered at 350° for 30 minutes.
9. Serve the acorn stuffed squash with garnish as desired.