Stuffed Acorn Squash
|Acorn squash||2 Medium, halved|
|Apples||2 Medium, chopped (Peeled, Cored)|
|Brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Pecans||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
|All purpose flour||1 Teaspoon|
1. Remove seeds from squash halves.
2. Arrange the squash on baking sheet with its cut-side facing down.
3. Wrap it in plastic and microwave at HIGH for about 8-12 minutes until the squash turns soft. Rotate the dish half turn through half of the cooking time.
4. Allow to stand until the filling is prepared.
5. For making filling - Take a 1 -qt casserole and add water and apples.
6. Cover the casserole and microwave at HIGH for about 4-6 minutes until soft. Stir half way through the cooking time.
7. Keep aside.
8. Take small bowl and add all topping ingredients until they become soft and crumbly.
9. Turn the squash such that its cut -side faces up.
10. Keep a one -fourth of apple in each half and garnish it with a one -fourth of topping.
11. Keep covered in a wax paper.
12. Microwave at HIGH for about 2 ½ - 3 minutes until the topping softens and rotate the dish half turn atleast half way during the cooking time.
13. Serve the stuffed acorn squash with warm tortillas.