Stuffed Acorn Squash
|Acorn squash||2 Medium, halved|
|Apples||2 Medium, chopped (Peeled, Cored)|
|Brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Pecans||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
|All purpose flour||1 Teaspoon|
1. Remove seeds from squash halves.
2. Arrange the squash on baking sheet with its cut-side facing down.
3. Wrap it in plastic and microwave at HIGH for about 8-12 minutes until the squash turns soft. Rotate the dish half turn through half of the cooking time.
4. Allow to stand until the filling is prepared.
5. For making filling - Take a 1 -qt casserole and add water and apples.
6. Cover the casserole and microwave at HIGH for about 4-6 minutes until soft. Stir half way through the cooking time.
7. Keep aside.
8. Take small bowl and add all topping ingredients until they become soft and crumbly.
9. Turn the squash such that its cut -side faces up.
10. Keep a one -fourth of apple in each half and garnish it with a one -fourth of topping.
11. Keep covered in a wax paper.
12. Microwave at HIGH for about 2 ½ - 3 minutes until the topping softens and rotate the dish half turn atleast half way during the cooking time.
13. Serve the stuffed acorn squash with warm tortillas.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1360 Calories from Fat 395
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g71.5%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 52.3 mg2.2%
Total Carbohydrates 253 g84.3%
Dietary Fiber 34.6 g138.5%
Sugars 77.2 g
Protein 17 g35%
Vitamin A 124.6% Vitamin C 298.3%
Calcium 55.8% Iron 68.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet