Cheddar Squash Bake
|Yellow squash||2 Pound|
|Sour cream||8 Ounce (1 Carton)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||6 Ounce (1 1/2 Cup)|
|Bacon slices||4 , cooked and crumbled|
|Fine dry breadcrumbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon|
1) Clean the squash and trim the ends.
2) Boil the squash in boiling water for 15 minutes. Drain the squash, add salt and slice thinly.
3) Grease the baking dish and keep aside.
4) Take the egg yolks and beat them.
5) Add sour cream and flour.
6) Take the egg whites and beat them. Add to the yolk mixture.
7) Take a greased baking dish and layer with half of the squash, egg mixture and cheese.
8)Sprinkle bacon and then again layer with the remaining squash, egg mixture and cheese.
9) Mix the breadcrumbs with butter and sprinkle at the top in the baking dish.
10) Bake the dish for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
11) Serve it warm straight from the baking dish.