1) Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2) Slice the squash into serving pieces and discard the seeds.
3) In a baking dish, place the squash pieces with the skin side up.
4) Pour water in the baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
5) Then turn the squash pieces to skin side down.
6) In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter and paprika together; spread evenly over the squash.
7) Bake for another about 5 to 10 minutes, or until the squash is tender, basting frequently.
8) Serve the Baked Banana Squash straight from the baking pan with some more butter.