Classic Curried Butternut Squash Soup
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Butternut squash||1 Pound, peeled and chopped|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken flavored bouillon granules||1 Teaspoon|
|Unsweetened apple juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Coat the Dutch oven with cooking spray and heat it over medium heat.
2) Put the onion and sautÃ© until tender.
3) Add the squash and next four ingredients.
4) Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
5) Remove from heat and pour the mixture into the container of an electric blender and process them until smooth.
6) Keep the mixture into Dutch oven and stir in milk.
7) Cook them until the mixture is heated completely.
8) Serve the soup hot with any of your favorite side dish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 522 Calories from Fat 26
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.6%
Saturated Fat 0.74 g3.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.6 mg1.5%
Sodium 160.1 mg6.7%
Total Carbohydrates 118 g39.5%
Dietary Fiber 13.4 g53.6%
Sugars 61.6 g
Protein 15 g30.1%
Vitamin A 966.9% Vitamin C 188.5%
Calcium 79.6% Iron 48.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet