Tropical Butternut Squash
|Butternut squash||2 Pound, peeled, cubed and boiled al dente (1 Piece)|
|Unsweetened pineapple tidbits||8 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Unsweetened orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||1 Teaspoon|
1. Using a soup strainer, strain pineapple can contents. Reserve the liquid.
2. In a medium sauce pan, combine drained liquid with rest of the ingredients (apart from pineapple and squash).
3. Mix well and bring to a boil.
4. Once boiled for over a minute, remove off flame and add pineapple and squash.
5. Toss gently, place in a serving bowl and serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 616 Calories from Fat 8
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.92 g1.4%
Saturated Fat 0.19 g0.96%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 559 mg23.3%
Total Carbohydrates 146 g48.7%
Dietary Fiber 20.6 g82.5%
Sugars 20 g
Protein 9 g18.3%
Vitamin A 1929.2% Vitamin C 381.8%
Calcium 44.4% Iron 35.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet