Spaghetti Squash Caribbean
|Spaghetti squash||1 Small|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, diced|
|Tomatillos||6 , husked and cut into wedges|
|Sweet potato||1 Small, diced|
|Chilies||3 , seeded and diced (Fresh)|
|Ripe tomatoes||3 , cut into wedges|
|Toasted peanuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a steamer basket, cook spaghetti squash for about 25 minutes or until soft.
2. Meanwhile, prepare sauce; in a saucepan, heat oil over medium-high temperature until sizzling.
3. Combine onion, tomatillos, potato, chilies, and tomatoes; cook for about 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
4. Cover the saucepan and simmer until spaghetti squash is done.
5. Split squash in half lengthwise and tease out strands until fluffy.
6. In each serving portion, serve half the squash and heap sauce over each serving; sprinkle with peanuts.
Calories 229 Calories from Fat 77
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.9%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 66.4 mg2.8%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12%
Dietary Fiber 5 g19.9%
Sugars 8.9 g
Protein 6 g12.7%
Vitamin A 126.9% Vitamin C 75.1%
Calcium 9.5% Iron 11.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet