Mexican Spaghetti Squash
|Spaghetti squash||3 Pound, washed (2 whole)|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Canned no salt added whole tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Ounce, undrained and chopped (1 can)|
|Chopped green chilies||4 Ounce, drained|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Monterey jack cheese||2 Ounce, shredded (1/2 cup)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 175C (350F).
2. Place squash in baking tray and piece all over using a fork.
3. Bake in pre heated oven for 60 minutes or till cooked.
4. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool.
5. Once cooked, using a fork, remove strands from squash (to resemble spaghetti) and place in a serving bowl.
6. In a medium sized skillet, coat with vegetable spray.
7. Once hot, add onion and garlic and sautÃ© on a medium flame for few minutes.
8. Add rest of the ingredients gradually (except cheese) and mix well.
9. Reduce flame, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
10. Add cheese and mix well.
11. Combine squash with prepared mixture and toss gently.
12. Serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 834 Calories from Fat 229
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.8%
Saturated Fat 12 g59.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60 mg20%
Sodium 664.4 mg27.7%
Total Carbohydrates 133 g44.3%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.2%
Sugars 21.1 g
Protein 30 g60.5%
Vitamin A 87.4% Vitamin C 560.6%
Calcium 104.1% Iron 41.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet