Mexican Spaghetti Squash
|Spaghetti squash||3 Pound, washed (2 whole)|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Canned no salt added whole tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Ounce, undrained and chopped (1 can)|
|Chopped green chilies||4 Ounce, drained|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Monterey jack cheese||2 Ounce, shredded (1/2 cup)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 175C (350F).
2. Place squash in baking tray and piece all over using a fork.
3. Bake in pre heated oven for 60 minutes or till cooked.
4. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool.
5. Once cooked, using a fork, remove strands from squash (to resemble spaghetti) and place in a serving bowl.
6. In a medium sized skillet, coat with vegetable spray.
7. Once hot, add onion and garlic and sautÃ© on a medium flame for few minutes.
8. Add rest of the ingredients gradually (except cheese) and mix well.
9. Reduce flame, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
10. Add cheese and mix well.
11. Combine squash with prepared mixture and toss gently.
12. Serve immediately.