SautÃ©ed Marrow Squash
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Marrow||1 Medium, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped|
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled and sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Dried oregano||1 Pinch|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) In a pan, heat the butter and oil, sautÃ© the marrow, onion and garlic for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2) Add in the oregano and season to taste.
3) Put the lid on and simmer for 10 minutes or until the marrow is tender, stirring occasionally.
4) Pour in little water if the mixture becomes too dry.
5) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Pour the cooled lentil mixture into a plastic container.
6) Seal, label and freeze the container.
7) Serve hot, garnished with chopped parsley if desired.
8) If using the frozen marrow mixture, thaw at room temperature for 4 hours.
9) In a saucepan, reheat the split pea mixture over the stove, stirring occasionally.
10) Serve as mentioned in step 7.
Calories 156 Calories from Fat 110
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.8%
Saturated Fat 6 g29.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 22.9 mg7.6%
Sodium 102.4 mg4.3%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 2 g3.5%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C 42.6%
Calcium 5.5% Iron 3.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet