Everyday Butternut Squash Soup
|Frozen winter squash||48 Ounce (4 Packages Of 12 Ounce Each)|
|Condensed chicken broth||32 1⁄4 Ounce (3 Cans Of 10 3/4 Ounce, Undiluted)|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||To Taste|
1. In a 4 quart saucepan, put together frozen squash and chicken broth; stir and heat until squash is thawed.
2. Season with salt and pepper; refrigerate.
3. At the time of serving, heat the squash mixture until it starts to boil.
4. Gradually add and stir in 1 1/2 cups cream; cook at low heat until heated through.
5. Adjust seasoning to taste.
6. In a bowl, beat remaining cream just until it-€™s stiff.
7. In a soup bowl or soup plate, ladle hot soup.
8. Garnish each serving with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle nutmeg.
Prepare the squash mixture well in advance and refrigerate for quick preparation of the dish.