Snow Peas Stuffed Acorn Squash
|Acorn squash||1 1⁄2 Pound, halved lengthwise and seeded (2 large ones)|
|Dry herb seasoned stuffing mix/Chicken- flavor-stuffing mix||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Canned chicken gravy/Turkey gravy||15 Ounce (1 can, chunky chicken)|
|Frozen snow pea pods||3 Ounce, each halved crosswise (1/2 package of 6-oz size)|
|Frozen pearl onions/Small whole onions - drained canned||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. In a paper pan place each squash half and cut side down.
3. Add 2 tablespoons water to each pan and cover with foil.
4. Bake for 30 minutes turn squash, cut side up and drain pan.
5. Alternately microwave squash adding 1 tablespoon water to each pan, covering with plastic wrap and folding back one corner to vent at high 9 minutes until squash is fork-tender.
6. Turn and drain.
7. Into cavity of each squash spoon 3 tablespoons dry stuffing mix and top with one-fourth of the gravy.
8. Divide pea pods and onions among squash and gently stir into gravy mixture.
9. Re-cover with foil or plastic wrap and bake 15 minutes longer.
10. Alternately microwave at high 5 minutes longer until squash and filling are heated through.
11. Serve the Stuffed Acorn Squash with a topping of whipped cream.