Butternut Squash Whip
|Butternut squash||3⁄4 Pound, cubed, seeded and pared|
|Dried currants/Dark raisins||2 Tablespoon|
|Half and half||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon, whipped|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a 1-quart ovenproof casserole, arrange the squash.
2) With a vented plastic wrap, cover and on high power, microwave for 5 minutes. Check if the squash is fork-tender.
3) Let it remain, covered, for 1 to 2 minutes.
4) In an oven-safe small bowl, combine the currants and water.
5) On high power, microwave for 1 minute, or until the currents become plump. Keep aside.
6) In a separate bowl, combine half-and-half, butter, and brown sugar.
7) On high power, microwave this for 30 seconds, or until the butter is melted.
8) To a large mixing bowl, place the squash.
9) With the help of an electric mixer, beat the squash on low speed, until smooth. This may take 1 to 2 minutes.
10) To this, add the half-and-half mixture.
11) On high speed, beat this mix until the squash is soft and fluffy.
12) Serve the Butternut Squash Whip immediately, topped with the currant (or raisin) mixture.
Calories 202 Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.3%
Saturated Fat 5 g24.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.7 mg7.2%
Sodium 15.7 mg0.7%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.7%
Sugars 16.3 g
Protein 3 g5.6%
Vitamin A 366.7% Vitamin C 60.9%
Calcium 11.4% Iron 9.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet