Butternut Squash Whip
|Butternut squash||3⁄4 Pound, cubed, seeded and pared|
|Dried currants/Dark raisins||2 Tablespoon|
|Half and half||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon, whipped|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a 1-quart ovenproof casserole, arrange the squash.
2) With a vented plastic wrap, cover and on high power, microwave for 5 minutes. Check if the squash is fork-tender.
3) Let it remain, covered, for 1 to 2 minutes.
4) In an oven-safe small bowl, combine the currants and water.
5) On high power, microwave for 1 minute, or until the currents become plump. Keep aside.
6) In a separate bowl, combine half-and-half, butter, and brown sugar.
7) On high power, microwave this for 30 seconds, or until the butter is melted.
8) To a large mixing bowl, place the squash.
9) With the help of an electric mixer, beat the squash on low speed, until smooth. This may take 1 to 2 minutes.
10) To this, add the half-and-half mixture.
11) On high speed, beat this mix until the squash is soft and fluffy.
12) Serve the Butternut Squash Whip immediately, topped with the currant (or raisin) mixture.