Sunny Squash Combo
|Butternut squash||2 Pound|
|Canned apple pie filling||20 Ounce (1 Can, Thank You Brand)|
|Seasoned salt||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. With a sharp knife, halve the squashes and scoop out the seeds and fibers.
2. Peel and dice into 2-inch pieces.
3. Grease a 2 quart baking casserole with butter or oil.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F
5. Place the squash cubes in the casserole.
6. Spoon the apple pie filling on top to cover the squash.
7. Sprinkle nutmeg and salt to taste.
8. Evenly spoon butter on top.
9. Cover the casserole with its lid or with foil.
10. Place in the preheated oven and bake squash for 50 to 60 minutes or until fork tender.
11. Serve the squash straight out of the casserole.
12. They taste best when warm but they can also be served cold if you like.
Calories 183 Calories from Fat 21
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.7%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.4 mg1.8%
Sodium 245.2 mg10.2%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.2%
Sugars 16.5 g
Protein 2 g3.3%
Vitamin A 323.2% Vitamin C 55.6%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet