Spicy Squash Bake
|Banana squash/Butternut squash||1 Pound, peeled|
|Banana squash/Butternut squash||1 Pound, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Salsa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||2 Ounce, shredded (1/2 Cup)|
1) In a 1 1/2-quart casserole add squash cubes and water. Mix together.
2) Cook covered on 100% power (high) for 6 to 8 minutes stirring once.
3) Drain and keep aside.
4) In the 1-quart casserole add onion and garlic in butter or margarine and cook on high for 1 to 2 minutes.
5) Add salsa, half of the cheese, and pepper into onion mixture.
6) Add squash.
7) Cook on high for 2 to 3 minutes.
8) Place remaining cheese on the top.
9) Cover and keep aside for 1 to 2 minutes.