Summer Squash Creole
|Summer squash||2 Pound|
|Green onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Wash squash.
2) Cut, on the diagonal, into slices 1/2 inch thick.
3) In large skillet, saute bacon until crisp.
4) Remove bacon from pan and reserve.
5) In bacon drippings, saute green onion until tender, about 3 minutes.
6) Add squash, salt, and pepper; toss lightly.
7) Cook, covered, over low heat, about 15 minutes, or just until squash is tender.
8) Add tomatoes; toss to combine.
9) Cook, covered, 1 minute longer.
10) In a serving dish, transfer the squash; sprinkle with bacon and serve.