Stuffed Butternut Squash
|Corn oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lentils||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cooked|
|Corn||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Sunflower seeds||30 Milliliter, toasted (2 Tablespoon)|
|Swiss cheese||30 Milliliter, shredded (2 Tablespoon)|
|Wheat germ||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350Â° F.
2. Cut open the squash in half; remove and discard seeds and stringy pulp from cavity.
3. Apply 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) oil on each cut surface of the squash.
4. In a medium bowl, put together lentils, corn, sunflower seeds and tamari; mix well.
5. Divide the lentil mixture into two parts and stuff inside the squash cavities.
6. Top with cheese and wheat germ.
7. Cover each squash half with an aluminum foil.
8. In a baking dish, pour enough water to cover 1/2 inch (1 cm) of dish of water.
9. In the baking dish place the squash in the water and stuff folded piece of aluminum foil under the neck ends to keep the squash leveled.
10. Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
11. Add more water to the dish if required.
12. Serve hot.
Calories 920 Calories from Fat 150
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.2%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.8 mg4.6%
Sodium 156.8 mg6.5%
Total Carbohydrates 173 g57.7%
Dietary Fiber 36.7 g146.8%
Sugars 19.4 g
Protein 34 g68.1%
Vitamin A 1692.8% Vitamin C 281.6%
Calcium 54.4% Iron 65.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet