|Yellow squash||1 Pound, unpeeled, sliced|
|Unpeeled zucchini||1 Pound, unpeeled, sliced|
|Lemon||1 , sliced thin and cut in halves|
|Red pepper||1 , sliced|
|Sliced bermuda onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Celery seed||2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a salad bowl, combine the squash, zucchini, lemon, pepper, onion, salt and celery seed together.
2) Toss well to mix and allow to stand for 1 hour.
3) In a small bowl, stir the sugar and lemon juice until the sugar is dissolved.
4) Then pour over the vegetable mixture.
5) Cover and refrigerate for almost 24 hours before serving.
6) Serve chilled on the individual serving plates.