Summer Squash And Tomatoes
|Summer squash||10 , sliced thin|
|Sliced scallions||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 , cored, chopped|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, peeled, chopped|
|Chicken bouillon||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooked bacon crisp||3 , crumbled|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a slow-cooker or a crock pot layer squash alternately with scallions, peppers and tomatoes.
2. Sprinkle with salt after every layer.
3. Pour the bouillon over the vegetables.
4. Combine the bacon and breadcrumbs and sprinkle over the top.
5. Cover the pot with its lid.
6. Slow cook the squash on HIGH for about 3 hours or if you are not in a hurry and want to serve them for dinner, cook on LOW for about 6 hours.
7. Drain the bouillon into a bowl and reserve it for soup or stew.
8. Spoon vegetables into serving dish
9. Serve hot as a side dish.
Calories 1516 Calories from Fat 157
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.6%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.9 mg1.6%
Sodium 334.1 mg13.9%
Total Carbohydrates 312 g104.1%
Dietary Fiber 101.9 g407.8%
Sugars 204 g
Protein 114 g227.9%
Vitamin A 383% Vitamin C 2631%
Calcium 139.1% Iron 181.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet