|Butternut squash/Hubbard squash||3 Pound|
|Butter buds||2 Teaspoon (Or More To Taste)|
|Brown sugar||6 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
|Powdered ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Evaporated skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), heated|
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375°F.
2. Rinse and pat dry the squash with paper towels.
3. Cut the squash in half, removing the seeds and strings.
Take a rimmed cookie sheet and place the squash, cut side down with add 3/4 cup water so the squash does not stick.
4. In the oven, bake for 40 minutes to 1 hour. Stop cooking when the squash is tender when pierced with a toothpick.
5. Peel the skin, and puree the flesh in a food processor or blender.
6. Add the garlic and tomatoes and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes longer.
7. Measure the puree to see if you have 6 cups of it. If not, adjust the seasoning to the amount you have.
8. Return the puree to the processor and add the Butter Buds.
9. Let the puree sit a few minutes with the top on.
10. Next, add the brown sugar, salt, ginger, and evaporated milk according to the amount of puree.
11. Blend the mixture with 3 or 4 pulses, until fluffy.
12. Serve as a dessert.
Take care not to over process the puree.
Calories 153 Calories from Fat 14
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.5%
Saturated Fat 0.91 g4.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.1 mg2.7%
Sodium 376.3 mg15.7%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.2%
Sugars 13 g
Protein 4 g7.6%
Vitamin A 486.5% Vitamin C 79.4%
Calcium 17% Iron 9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet