Baked Acorn Squash
|Acorn squash||4 Pound|
|Orange peel||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon peel||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
1) Heat the oven to 350F.
2) Half the squash.
3) With a spoon, remove seeds and strings.
4) Butter a 15x15x10x1 inch baking pan.
5) In the baking pan, place the squash with skin side up.
6) Bake for 40 minutes until tender; remove from oven.
7) With the help of a fork, prick each squash while turning them half over.
8) Place 1/2 tablespoon butter on each squash.
9) Sprinkle 3/4 teaspoon mixed orange and lemon peel.
10) In small bowl, mix orange juice, lemon juice, and sherry, until well combined.
11) Spoon the mixture over squash and into center holes.
12) Sprinkle little salt on each squash.
13) Place back in oven, and bake 15 to 20 minutes longer, basting once or twice with liquid in center.
14) Serve the baked squash immediately or reheat before serving.