Summer Squash Au Gratin
|Summer squash||2 Pound, cut into 1/4 inch slices|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Croutons||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated processed cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a slow-cooker or a crock pot layer the squash slices.
2. Sprinkle with salt and cover with water.
3. Cover the pot with its lid.
4. Slow cook the squash on HIGH for about 2 hours or if you are not in a hurry, cook on LOW for about 4 hours.
5. When tender, drain off the excess cooking liquid from the pot and transfer the squash into a serving dish. Keep warm
6. Heat a skillet over a medium flame and melt the butter in it.
7. Add croutons to the butter and saute lightly until evenly coated with butter and lightly browned and crispy.
8. Sprinkle the cheese and heat.
Calories 163 Calories from Fat 95
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.7%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.9 mg9.3%
Sodium 544.3 mg22.7%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.7%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 5 g10.4%
Vitamin A 12.4% Vitamin C 42.8%
Calcium 10.1% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet