Summer Squash Au Gratin
|Summer squash||2 Pound, cut into 1/4 inch slices|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Croutons||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated processed cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a slow-cooker or a crock pot layer the squash slices.
2. Sprinkle with salt and cover with water.
3. Cover the pot with its lid.
4. Slow cook the squash on HIGH for about 2 hours or if you are not in a hurry, cook on LOW for about 4 hours.
5. When tender, drain off the excess cooking liquid from the pot and transfer the squash into a serving dish. Keep warm
6. Heat a skillet over a medium flame and melt the butter in it.
7. Add croutons to the butter and saute lightly until evenly coated with butter and lightly browned and crispy.
8. Sprinkle the cheese and heat.