Yellow Squash Boats
|Yellow squash||1 Pound (Use 2 Medium Sized)|
|Ears of corn/1/2 cup canned whole-kernel corn||2|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Pepper red||1 Small, halved, seeded and chopped|
|Tarragon leaf||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soft white bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Made From 2 Slices)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Shredded low fat vegetarian mozzarella cheese||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
1. Trim the ends of squash and cut them lengthwise into half. Scoop out seeds.
2. Add them to a large skillet with salted boiling water and blanch them for about 5 minutes, just until tender
3. Drain on paper towels. Set aside.
4. Shuck the corn and remove silks.
5. Cut the corn kernels by holding corn upright on a cutting board, and slicing each row from top to bottom. You can also use ½ cup canned whole corn
6. Preheat the oven to 350°F
7. In a large skillet, melt the butter or margarine.
8. Add and sauté onion and red pepper until soft.
9. Add corn, tarragon, seasonings and water.
10. Cover skillet and simmer 10 minutes, or until corn is tender.
11. Take pan off the heat and stir in bread crumbs, egg and mozzarella cheese until thoroughly mixed.
12. Arrange squash halves in a large casserole.
13. Spoon the corn mixture into the squash boats.
14. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until stuffing is golden.
15. Serve squash boats hot.