Creamy Gratin Of Butternut Squash
|Butternut squash||18 Ounce, peeled and cut up (1 Large Squash, 500 Gram)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed or finely grated|
|Cream||6 Fluid Ounce (175 Milliliter, Double Or Single)|
|Parmesan cheese/Gruyere cheese||3 Ounce, finely grated (75 Gram)|
1. Preheat oven to 90C/170C fan gas 5
2. With a very sharp knife, peel the butternut squash. Remove seeds and pith.
3. Cut into 5 mm thick slices.
4. In a 1-liter pie dish, place 500 g of vegetable slices along with salt and pepper for cooking
5. In a separate pan, heat garlic and cream till boiling. Add the cream to the butternut squash in the baking dish
6. Sprinkle grated cheese on the dish, cover the baking paper or foil and cook for 45 minutes or till set. The butternut squash will be golden brown and crusty on top.
7. Serve hot