Squash En Casserole
|Summer squash||1 Pound|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon|
1. Wash and slice squash with skin.
2. Finely chop onions.
3. Butter a large casserole.
4. Preheat the oven to 400°F
5. In a saucepan, combine the squash and onion with seasoning, adding just enough water to cover.
6. Bring to a boil and then simmer until tender.
7. Drain well
8. Mix in the butter, cream with and salt and pepper if required.
9. Turn into buttered casserole, and top with grated cheese
10. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes until heated though and cheese is lightly browned.
11. Serve hot from the casserole itself.