Boiled Summer Squash
|Summer squash||2 Pound, cut into slices or cubes (Yellow, Patty pan, Or Zucchini)|
|Boiling water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a large saucepan cover squash with water and add salt.
2. Place the pan on a medium flame and cover with its lid.
3. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender-crisp
4. Drain well in a colander and return to pan.
5. Place on a medium low flame, tossing occasionally until all moisture has evaporated.
6. Tip squash into a serving bowl
7. Dollop butter over the squash and season with pepper.
8. Toss to coat well
9. Serve while warm
Calories 78 Calories from Fat 56
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.8%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg5.4%
Sodium 328.7 mg13.7%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 2 g3.8%
Vitamin A 9.8% Vitamin C 42.8%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet