Boiled Summer Squash
|Summer squash||2 Pound, cut into slices or cubes (Yellow, Patty pan, Or Zucchini)|
|Boiling water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a large saucepan cover squash with water and add salt.
2. Place the pan on a medium flame and cover with its lid.
3. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender-crisp
4. Drain well in a colander and return to pan.
5. Place on a medium low flame, tossing occasionally until all moisture has evaporated.
6. Tip squash into a serving bowl
7. Dollop butter over the squash and season with pepper.
8. Toss to coat well
9. Serve while warm