Parmesan Stuffed Squash
|Zucchini/Yellow squash||6 Medium, halved, parboiled|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped yellow onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soft bread crumbs||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Lightly grease a baking dish with butter
2. Preheat the oven to 425° F
3. Scoop out and discard the seedy center of the squash halves, leaving ¼ -inch thick shells.
4. Arrange the shells in the baking dish and season them with salt and pepper.
5. Take a skillet and melt butter over a medium flame.
6. Add onion to the butter and stir fry for 8 minutes until lightly browned.
7. Take pan off the heat and stir in the crumbs, cheese, paprika and parsley. Season with salt to taste.
8. Spoon the cheese crumb mixture into the squash shells.
9. Bake squash for 20-30 minutes in the preheated oven until squash is tender and crumbs are golden.
10. Serve the squash hot, straight out of the oven.