Spicy Butternut Squash Pie
|Unbaked 8 inch pastry shells||2|
|8 inch pastry shells||2 , unbaked|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Evaporated milk||13 Ounce (1 Can)|
1) Take the squash and peel it properly before cutting it lengthwise into two.
2) De-seed the squash halves and cut it into smaller slices.
3) Preheat the oven by setting it at 400°.
4) Take a saucepan, place the squash in it and cover it with water.
5) Cook for fifteen minutes or until it becomes soft. Drain out the excess water.
6) Take a food processor and puree the pulp or mash it thoroughly.
7) Keep 2 cups of the squash puree aside and refrigerate the rest for future use.
8) Take a fork and prick the bottom and sides of a pastry shell.
9) Set the oven to 400° and bake for 8-10 minutes.
10) Mix the squash along with all other ingredients except the whipped cream.
11) Sieve the mixed ingredients and distribute the contents in each half of a pastry shell.
12) Bake it by placing it in the pre-heated oven for 40-45 minutes or until the mixture is set.
13) Cool the dish.
14) Serve it along with whipped cream.