|Summer squash||1 Pound, unpeeled and sliced (3 Cups)|
|Onion||1 Medium, cut into wedges|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Processed swiss cheese||2 Ounce, shredded to make 1/2 cup|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. Lightly grease a 1 1/2 –quart baking dish with oil or butter.
3. In a large pot, boil squash and onion in salted water for 8 to 10 minutes until tender.
4. Drain into a colander.
5. In a large saucepan, melt butter on low flame.
6. Stir in flour and seasonings.
7. Pour in milk all at once, stirring continuously to blend with flour butter mixture
8. Simmer sauce, stirring continuously until thick.
9. Stir in the cheese until melted.
10. Add squash and onion and toss until well coated.
11. Turn into baking dish
12. Place dish on middle level of preheated oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until sauce is bubbly.
13. Serve straight out of the dish.