Asylum Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
|Butternut squash||2 Large, roasted (Whole)|
|White onion||1 , chopped|
|Poblano peppers/Green chili equivalent||2 , roasted, peeled|
|Amber beer||6 Ounce (Oak Creek, Or Similar)|
|Vegetable stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Serrano chili||1 , minced fine|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Cut the squash in half and remove the seeds. Place in shallow roasting pans with water and roast at 400 until very tender, apx. 45 minutes or more. Remove from oven and cool.
2. Roast, peel and de-seed poblano chiles.
3. Preheat skillet until scorching hot. Saute onions and chilies, then deglaze with beer. Add chicken stock, peeled squash, and remaining ingredients except for the cream.
4. Simmer together for 30 minutes then puree.
5. Remove from heat and slowly fold in the heavy cream.