Roasted Butternut Squash
|Butternut squash||2 Small|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), crushed|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Walnut oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Leeks||4 Medium, trimmed, cleaned and thinly sliced|
|Black mustard seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned cannellini beans||300 Gram, drained, rinsed (1 Can)|
|French beans||4 Ounce, halved (125 Gram)|
|Vegetable stock||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Rocket||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Snipped chives||2 Tablespoon|
|Chives||1 Teaspoon (For Garnish)|
|Low fat fromage frais||4 Tablespoon|
|Mixed salad||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 400°F/Gas Mark 6. Cut the butternut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out all of the seeds.
2. Score the squash in a diamond pattern with a sharp knife. Mix the garlic with the olive oil and brush over the cut surfaces of the squash. Season well with salt and pepper. Put on a baking sheet and roast for 40 minutes until tender.
3. Heat the walnut oil in a saucepan and fry the leeks and mustard seeds for 5 minutes.
4. Add the drained cannellini beans, French beans and vegetable stock. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 5 minutes until the French beans are tender.
5. Remove from the heat and stir in the rocket and chives. Season well. Remove the squash from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Spoon in the bean mixture. Garnish with a few snipped chives and serve immediately with the fromage frais and a mixed salad.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2103 Calories from Fat 356
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g62.4%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 872.3 mg36.3%
Total Carbohydrates 411 g136.9%
Dietary Fiber 78.1 g312.3%
Sugars 75.9 g
Protein 69 g137.8%
Vitamin A 4220.9% Vitamin C 851.6%
Calcium 158.1% Iron 210.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet