Acorn Squash Stuffed with Spicy Apple
|Apple||1 , peeled cored and sliced|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Melted butter||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 Teaspoon (For greasing)|
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F. Grease a baking dish with butter and set aside.
2. Halve an acorn squash and remove the seeds.
3. Place the squash, skin side up, in the prepared dish and cover. Bake for 30 minutes.
4. In a medium bowl combine the apple, butter, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
5. Turn cut sides of the acorn squash up and top with the apple mixture.
6. Cover and bake 30 minutes longer or until the apples are tender.
7. Serve Stuffed Acorn Squash with tossed salad.