Acorn Squash Stuffed with Spicy Apple
|Apple||1 , peeled cored and sliced|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Melted butter||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 Teaspoon (For greasing)|
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F. Grease a baking dish with butter and set aside.
2. Halve an acorn squash and remove the seeds.
3. Place the squash, skin side up, in the prepared dish and cover. Bake for 30 minutes.
4. In a medium bowl combine the apple, butter, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
5. Turn cut sides of the acorn squash up and top with the apple mixture.
6. Cover and bake 30 minutes longer or until the apples are tender.
7. Serve Stuffed Acorn Squash with tossed salad.
Calories 284 Calories from Fat 41
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.2%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g13.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.8 mg3.6%
Sodium 12.8 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g30.7%
Sugars 22.9 g
Protein 3 g6.5%
Vitamin A 30.9% Vitamin C 74.6%
Calcium 13.3% Iron 15.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet