Savory Filled Squash Halves
|Onion||1 Small, sliced|
|Parsley flakes||1 Teaspoon (dried)|
1. Microwave whole squash for 4 minutes on HIGH. Turn squash over and continue cooking for 3 to 4 minutes, on HIGH, or until slightly soft to the touch. Let stand a few minutes.
2. Combine onion and 2 tablespoons of the butter in small glass dish.
3. Microwave for 2 minutes on HIGH. Stir and continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes, on HIGH, or until tender.
4. Preheat microwave browning grill for 5 minutes on HIGH. Cut squash in half crosswise; scoop out seeds. Spread remaining tablespoon of butter on cut edges of squash.
5. Place squash halves cut-side-down on preheated grill.
6. Microwave for 3 minutes on HIGH. Turn squash cut-side-up (if necessary, cut off pointed end so squash will not tip). Season with salt. Spoon onion slices into squash halves. Sprinkle with parsley.
7. Microwave for 3 to 4 minutes, on HIGH, or until heated and tender.