Whole Wheat Pasta with Roasted Squash
|Pine nuts||2 Tablespoon, toasted (Italian Classics, Grocery Dept)|
|Whole wheat fusilli||8 Ounce (1/2 Box)|
|Butternut squash||20 Ounce, cleaned and cut into 3/4 inch dice (1 Package, Food You Feel Good About)|
|Red onion||1⁄2 , peeled, 1/2-inch dice to make about 1 1/2 cups|
|Basting oil||1 Tablespoon (Wegmans)|
|Chopped escarole||15 Ounce (1 Package, Fresh, Food You Feel Good About)|
|Pancetta||4 Ounce (1 Package, Citterio Mini-Cubes Recipe Ready, Deli Dept)|
|Peeled garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced (Food You Feel Good About)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Alfredo sauce||13 Ounce (1 Container, Italian Classics, Dairy Dept)|
|Grated parmigiano reggiano cheese||2 Tablespoon (Italian Classics)|
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
1. Toss squash and onions with basting oil in large bowl; season to taste with salt and pepper. Spread in a single layer on baking sheet. Roast about 20 min, or until vegetables are well-caramelized and tender.
2. Blanch escarole 2-3 min in large pot of boiling salted water. Drain; transfer to bowl of ice water. Drain and set aside.
3. Add pancetta to skillet on MEDIUM. Cook, stirring, 3-5 min, until crisp and brown. Remove from pan; drain on paper towels. Return to pan. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, 1-2 min, until tender.
4. Add wine. Cook, stirring to loosen browned bits on bottom of pan. Simmer about 4 min, until liquids are reduced by half. Stir in alfredo sauce.
5. Bring to simmer; add escarole and black pepper to taste. Stir to blend. Add pasta; toss until well-combined. Stir in squash and onions, then pine nuts. Top with cheese.
Calories 688 Calories from Fat 317
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.5%
Saturated Fat 14.3 g71.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 71.4 mg23.8%
Sodium 993.3 mg41.4%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g24.1%
Dietary Fiber 12.8 g51%
Sugars 9 g
Protein 25 g49.6%
Vitamin A 347.5% Vitamin C 64.6%
Calcium 17% Iron 18.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet