20 Ounce, cleaned and cut into 3/4 inch dice (1 Package, Food You Feel Good About)
1⁄2 , peeled, 1/2-inch dice to make about 1 1/2 cups
1 Tablespoon (Wegmans)
15 Ounce (1 Package, Fresh, Food You Feel Good About)
4 Ounce (1 Package, Citterio Mini-Cubes Recipe Ready, Deli Dept)
3 Clove (15 gm), minced (Food You Feel Good About)
Dry white wine
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
13 Ounce (1 Container, Italian Classics, Dairy Dept)
Grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
2 Tablespoon (Italian Classics)
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
1. Toss squash and onions with basting oil in large bowl; season to taste with salt and pepper. Spread in a single layer on baking sheet. Roast about 20 min, or until vegetables are well-caramelized and tender.
2. Blanch escarole 2-3 min in large pot of boiling salted water. Drain; transfer to bowl of ice water. Drain and set aside.
3. Add pancetta to skillet on MEDIUM. Cook, stirring, 3-5 min, until crisp and brown. Remove from pan; drain on paper towels. Return to pan. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, 1-2 min, until tender.
4. Add wine. Cook, stirring to loosen browned bits on bottom of pan. Simmer about 4 min, until liquids are reduced by half. Stir in alfredo sauce.
5. Bring to simmer; add escarole and black pepper to taste. Stir to blend. Add pasta; toss until well-combined. Stir in squash and onions, then pine nuts. Top with cheese.
Incorporate some whole wheat pasta by whiping up this classic recipe by Chef Mark. The pancetta flavored sauce and roasted squash create amazing flavors when tossed with the pasta. A colorful medley for you to try on a dull day.