Curried Sevaiyan And Brussels Sprouts
|Chopped onions||2 Tablespoon|
|Semia||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Indian Equivalent Of Angel Hair Pasta))|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh cilantro||1 Teaspoon|
|Roasted peanuts||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Seasonings||To Taste (Chili Powder, Pepper)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Minced garlic||1 Teaspoon|
Here is a simple and delightful preparation of the angel hair pasta or semia that can serve as a quick and nutritious dinner.
Directions for preparing the curried semia:
• Heat some oil in a sauté pan.
• Sauté the onions and garlic along with the semia on medium heat till it turns a light golden brown.
• Very slowly, add hot water (just enough to make it moist) and some salt.
• Simmer on low heat till it is cooked.
• Take some water in a sauce pan.
• Boil the pasta (semia) for 6-8 minutes and set it aside.
• Stir fry the onions and garlic along with vegetables of choice and add some curry powder and salt as seasoning.
• Add the cooked semia and simmer with a little water to cook it together.
• Garnish with the chopped cilantro and roasted peanuts.
• Serve hot with the Brussels sprouts.
Directions for preparing the Brussels sprouts:
• Clean and cut the sprouts into halves
• Take some water in a microwave proof dish and put the Brussels sprouts in.
• Season with salt and seasonings of choice
• Cover and cook it in the microwave for 5 minutes at 10.
• Serve with the curried semia.
Calories 421 Calories from Fat 134
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.4%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 248.7 mg10.4%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.5%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.1%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 11 g22.3%
Vitamin A 4.8% Vitamin C 17.8%
Calcium 1.9% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet