1 Cup (16 tbs) (Indian Equivalent Of Angel Hair Pasta))
Chopped fresh cilantro
1 Cup (16 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)
To Taste (Chili Powder, Pepper)
Here is a simple and delightful preparation of the angel hair pasta or semia that can serve as a quick and nutritious dinner.
Directions for preparing the curried semia:
• Heat some oil in a sauté pan.
• Sauté the onions and garlic along with the semia on medium heat till it turns a light golden brown.
• Very slowly, add hot water (just enough to make it moist) and some salt.
• Simmer on low heat till it is cooked.
• Take some water in a sauce pan.
• Boil the pasta (semia) for 6-8 minutes and set it aside.
• Stir fry the onions and garlic along with vegetables of choice and add some curry powder and salt as seasoning.
• Add the cooked semia and simmer with a little water to cook it together.
• Garnish with the chopped cilantro and roasted peanuts.
• Serve hot with the Brussels sprouts.
Directions for preparing the Brussels sprouts:
• Clean and cut the sprouts into halves
• Take some water in a microwave proof dish and put the Brussels sprouts in.
• Season with salt and seasonings of choice
• Cover and cook it in the microwave for 5 minutes at 10.
• Serve with the curried semia.
If you are in a mood to try something new in your kitchen today, then this video will surely come to your aid. Chef Bhal Dave storms up a unique dish — curried vermicelli and brussels sprouts that makes for yummy indulgence. Don't believe? Try it and you will know how ingenuity in kitchen pays off hugely at times.
Curried Sevaiyan And Brussels Sprouts Recipe Video, Indian Curried Vermicelli And Brussels Sprouts