1 Cup (16 tbs) (Indian Equivalent Of Angel Hair Pasta))
Chopped fresh cilantro
1 Cup (16 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)
To Taste (Chili Powder, Pepper)
Here is a simple and delightful preparation of the angel hair pasta or semia that can serve as a quick and nutritious dinner.
Directions for preparing the curried semia:
• Heat some oil in a sauté pan.
• Sauté the onions and garlic along with the semia on medium heat till it turns a light golden brown.
• Very slowly, add hot water (just enough to make it moist) and some salt.
• Simmer on low heat till it is cooked.
• Take some water in a sauce pan.
• Boil the pasta (semia) for 6-8 minutes and set it aside.
• Stir fry the onions and garlic along with vegetables of choice and add some curry powder and salt as seasoning.
• Add the cooked semia and simmer with a little water to cook it together.
• Garnish with the chopped cilantro and roasted peanuts.
• Serve hot with the Brussels sprouts.
Directions for preparing the Brussels sprouts:
• Clean and cut the sprouts into halves
• Take some water in a microwave proof dish and put the Brussels sprouts in.
• Season with salt and seasonings of choice
• Cover and cook it in the microwave for 5 minutes at 10.
• Serve with the curried semia.
If you are in a mood to try something new in your kitchen today, then this video will surely come to your aid. Chef Bhal Dave storms up a unique dish — curried vermicelli and brussels sprouts that makes for yummy indulgence. Don't believe? Try it and you will know how ingenuity in kitchen pays off hugely at times.