Cripsy Buttered Brussels Sprouts
|Brussels sprouts||2 Pound, stalk removed, trimmed|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1) In the root (bottom) of each sprout, cut a small cross and trim off any damaged or tough outer leaves.
2) In a large saucepan, boil a large quantity of water, add the sprouts, and boil 5 to 7 minutes.
3) Drain the sprouts and rinse under cold water.
4) Keep aside the sprouts until serving time.
5) When ready to serve, in a frying pan melt the butter add the sprouts, and season with salt and pepper.
6) Toss quickly over high heat until coated with butter and heated through.
7) Serve the brussles sprouts as side dish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 823 Calories from Fat 451
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g79.1%
Saturated Fat 31.4 g157%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 129 mg43%
Sodium 621.4 mg25.9%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.3%
Dietary Fiber 34.7 g139%
Sugars 20 g
Protein 31 g62.6%
Vitamin A 166.9% Vitamin C 1285.6%
Calcium 40% Iron 72.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet